Thursday, April 25, 2013

30 Mug Cakes in 30 Days - Snickerdoodle - Day 5

Well, I think maybe I was a little too ambitious to think I could do 30 different recipes in 30 days.  For one thing, I have not been hungry enough to have mug cakes the last few days.  Since I eat to hunger, I only make mug cakes to fill in the gaps.  This week I have been eating my usual two meals and that's it.  Also, I didn't foresee that not all the recipes would work - lol.  It took two trys, on two days, to get the pumpkin muffin right.  So - I think I will just shoot for 30 mug cakes in as many days as it takes me.  How's that? :)

Today's mug cake reminds me of a snickerdoodle cookie.  It didn't turn out like I imagined it would, but it was still very good.  I was going for more of a struesel on top - but what I got was snickerdoodle.  Works for me.  We'll save struesel for another day.

Snickerdoodle Muffin

1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbs. sweetener (I use xylitol)
1 egg
1 Tbs. butter, softened

1 Tbs. sweetener mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix the flaxseed, baking powder and 1 Tbs. sweetener together, breaking up any clumps.  Add in egg and softened butter and stir until combined.  Fill muffins half-full and then sprinkle with cinnamon/sweetener mixture.  Top with remaining batter and then sprinkle with remaining mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

You can see in the picture that the topping comes out crispy and caramelized like a snickerdoodle.  Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment