Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Late Start

Today is the last day of my 2nd round of hcg protocol (also knows as P2).  Three months ago, when I was researching hcg, I said I wanted to start a blog to share my journey to lose 80 lbs. with hcg.  Here I am, finally starting it.  A little late, I know.  But I still have a long way to go.  So don't worry - there's still more story to tell.

You can read more about my struggle with weigh here.  But for this post, I want to catch you up on my hcg journey.

May 12, 2012 - First injection and first loading day for Round 1 of hcg - I stuffed myself with every sugary, carby thing I wanted and more.  I got to the point where I really didn't want to eat any more, but I made myself.  The next day was more of the same.  I gained a total 6.6 lbs. during loading, making my starting weight for hcg, 231.6 lbs.
May 14, 2012 - Starting the 500-calorie protocol - I was worried about eating such small amounts, but it really wasn't that bad.  After the first couple days, I really was not hungry at all and it was easy to stick to protocol.  I followed "Pounds and Inches" with the exception of adding one tablespoon of coconut oil each day.
June 13, 2012 - My final injection for Round 1 - Last Injection Weight (LIW) - 209.4.  Total loss of 22.2 lbs. for Round 1.  You can see my stats/charts page for more details on the losses.  I lost great the first 2 weeks and then it slowed down dramatically.
June 16, 2012 - Started P3 and stuck to low carb eating.  I did not have any trouble stabilizing and the most I varied from LIW was 1.6?
June 29, 2012 - First injection and first loading day for Round 2 - I had intended to stay on P3 for 3 weeks but I wanted to start on a weekend, so I guess my P3 was a little shorter then I realized.  This time I decided to try 3 days of loading to see if it helped me lose any better.  I gained 6.8 lbs. loading.
July 2, 2012 - Starting the 500-calorie protocol.
July 15, 2012 - I decided to try a 3-day fat fast during P2, just to see how it worked for me.  I ended up losing 4.6 lbs. during those 3 days - I would call that a success!  I wish it had not been so close to the end of the round though.  Hopefully that will not affect my stabilization.
July 19, 2012 - My final injection for Round 2 - LIW - 201.4.  Total loss of 8 lbs. for Round 2.  I am very happy with this since it was a 3 week round.

Tomorrow I will start my second P3.  I am ready to start eating some real food again. :)

My plan from here on is to cycle - three weeks on hcg and then three weeks off hcg (P3).  I will eat low carb between cycles and not add back any sugar or starch.  I still have 56 pounds to lose, so if I can lose 8-10 lbs. each round, I have about 7 rounds to go.  I prefer the cycling because during Round 1, my losses slowed so much after the first two weeks, that it became discouraging.  With a 3 week cycle, the depravation of P2 is short and I know I will soon be back in P3.  It also capitalizes on my best loss weeks.  Some people cycle 2 weeks on and 1 week off and I may consider that sometime in the future.  Or maybe even 3 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

I have a new plan for loading as well, and I'll be sharing that in another post.  I hope to avoid gaining 7 lbs. loading so that my true losses can be greater.

There it is, my journey so far in a nutshell.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment