Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TOM and the Bacon Bomb

This has been a rough P3 for me!  Last Thursday was my LIW and my weight increased every day for 5 days after that!  TOM showed up on Saturday, which explained the increases, but I still didn't like it.  Yesterday was the 5th day since LIW and I was up 4.8 over LIW.  I knew I hadn't done anything wrong and it was just water, so I did not do a correction day.  I just continued to eat P3 normally and today I was down .8.  So I am glad to be on the right track.  Hopefully the rest will come off over the next few days.  I hate the bloated feeling - ugh.

Last night for dinner my daughter made a YUMMY P3-friendly "Bacon Bomb".  It was something we created after seeing something similar in our natural meat store.  I wish I'd had a recipe, but we just winged-it and it turned out delicious.  I thought I'd share the recipe for anyone who would like to try it.

Bacon Bomb
2 lbs. ground beef
1 1/2 Tbs. chili powder
2 eggs
2 cloves garlic, mashed
2 Tbs. parsley
4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 jalapenos, chopped
8 oz. cream cheese
16 slices bacon

On a cookie sheet, basketweave the bacon, with 8 slices across and 8 slices down.


In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, chili powder, eggs, garlic, parsley, cheese, worcestershire sauce, and jalapenos.  After thoroughly mix, spread the mixture over the bacon.


Spread the cream cheese over the ground beef mixture.


Starting at one end, roll up the all the layers.


Seal the ends of the ground beef as well as you can.  We didn't do this and we lost some of the cream cheese goodness out the ends!  Bake at 375 for 1 hours and then turn on the broiler for a couple minutes to crisp the bacon.


I cut it into 7 slices and it is 569 calories per slice (3 g. carb, 37 g. protein, and 44 g. fat).  I used 85% ground beef.

ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment