Sunday, July 29, 2012

What I Think of Carbquik



I ordered two boxes of Carbquik from Netrition and I got them last weekend.  I was leary of how it would taste and how well it would work in recipes but I have been pleasantly surprised!  I have played around this week with several recipes and they have all turned out well.  Even my kids have said you can't tell that it is low carb.  Below is one of our favorite recipes - altered to use Carbquik instead of Bisquick.  These did not even last a day around here!  I plan to make some more this week and I will try to get a picture before they are gone.

Sausage Balls

1 lb. bulk pork breakfast sausage
1 cup Carbquik (original recipe calls for 2 cups but I cut it down the first time - just to make sure there was no aftertaste)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients and roll into small balls.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

Makes - about 50

No comments:

Post a Comment