Friday, August 3, 2012

My Last Day of P3 (for now)

I went to the store last night and bought everything I need to make my high-fat loading yummies.  Since I didn't have time to get everything made for today, I decided to wait until tomorrow to start loading.  I narrowed down my choices and will be making cheesecake, refrigerator fudge, 7-layer dip, guacamole, chocolate nutty delight, egg nog, buffalo chicken dip, and maybe fat fast parfait.  It still sounds like too much - doesn't it? :)

I entered a mock day in MyFitnessPal yesterday and came up with 10,000 calories!  Yikes! But it was 73% fat.  The part I had trouble with was getting my protein to be more than my carbs.  I think that is because I was trying to add in some "normal" food like pizza that I really miss.  So it's still a work in progress, but I am excited to give it a try!

I decided to go ahead and make the cinnamon rolls today and have them pre-loading instead of during loading because they were throwing my percentages off.  Here is a picture of the two I am getting ready to eat.



They are made with Carbquik and Erythritol and Xyltol.  I used a Bisquick recipe that I adapted and the dough was a little crumbly but the finished product tastes great.  I love cinnamon rolls and I usually have some for loading - so I think this is a great alternative.  I'll try to post the recipe I ended up with soon.  They are P3-friendly!!

I made the refrigerator fudge last night and it is not quite what I expected.  It tastes a lot like chocolate cheesecake so I'm not complaining - it's just different.  It does have a gritty taste because I used granular xylitol.  I really should have powdered it first - live and learn.  But it's still edible.  And high-fat.   :)

So sometime today I still need to make 7-layer dip, chocolate nutty delight, buffalo chicken dip, and cheesecake.  Busy busy.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment