Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chocolate Fat Fast Parfait

I've had a lot of questions about my fat fast parfait that I used during my high-fat loading.  I also eat it when I do an Atkins fat fast - just in much smaller amounts. :)

I created this recipe last year when I did my first fat fast, and it was based on this recipe.  I thought a chocolate layer would go nicely with the cream cheese so I created one using whipped coconut milk and cocoa.  My recipe is below.  I apologize for not having a picture - I will take one next time I make it.

Chocolate Fat Fast Parfait
8 servings of 200 calories each

Cream Cheese Layer:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 Tbs. vanilla
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup no calorie sweetener (I use Ideal and ZSweet)

Blend with a mixer until creamy.

Chocolate Layer:
1 can Coconut Milk (full fat)
2 Tbs. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup no calorie sweetener (I use Ideal and ZSweet)

The best way to use the coconut milk is to put it in the refrigerator a few days before you want to use it.  It should harden up and separate.  The top should be the white cream and the water should be left in the bottom.  Sometimes this works for me and sometimes it doesn't.  Whip the solid part of the coconut milk with a mixer until fluffy.  Discard the water.  Add in remaining ingredients and mix.

Now layer your parfait into dishes, alternating the cream cheese and chocolate layers.  If you are making Atkins fat fast size of 200 calories, they will be very small so something like a shot glass might be best.  You can also make it all in one rectangular container and divide it out into servings.  If you are making the parfait for high-fat loading, then I recommend adding a couple layers of crushed macadamia nuts because they taste yummy in it and the calories don't matter.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment