Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lesson Learned

I always wondered why Dr. S said to continue hcg for 3 days past a period.  I still don't know the answer as to why - but I know I am going to follow his advice from now on!  I ended my last round about 2 days before TOM came to call and it really messed up my P3.  I gained about 4-5 lbs. right away and it never came off.  I have stabilized wonderfully, but it is above my LIW.  I am not going to worry about it, since I am stable, but I will do things differently if the situation comes up again.

Here is the passage from Pounds & Inches:
Similarly, the end of a course of HCG should never be made to coincide with menstruation. If things should happen to work out that way, it is better to give the last injection three days before the expected date of the menses so that a normal diet can he resumed at onset. Alternatively, at least three injections should be given after the period, followed by the usual three days of dieting.


It still amazes me how hcg can work.  It still amazes me how I can eat so much during P3 and still stay in a stable range.  It still amazes me that anyone could really research hcg and not think it is the amazing thing ever! :)

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment