Friday, August 17, 2012

The Numbers on Loading

What can I say - I'm an accountant and I love to crunch the numbers.  So I was very anxious to compare my High-Fat loading this time with my High-Junk :) loading of last round.  And I was very surprised at the results.  I expected that with the High-Fat loading (no processed carbs or sugar) that I would gain less but would still have big losses the first week.  This would make my "net loss" (loss less load weight) for Week 1 much greater.  That wasn't really the case.

I am comparing Round 2 and Round 3 - because Round 1 was really off the charts and I don't think it's fair to compare it to anything.  No matter how I load, I don't think I'll ever have Week 1 losses like Round 1.

Round 2 - Ate lots of junk, sugar, carbs, etc. but tried to keep the fat high.  I loaded for 3 days and gained 6.8 lbs!!!  My total loss for Week 1 was 9.2 lbs. for a net loss of 2.4 lbs.

Round 3 - Ate "fat fast" type foods and made sure my fat percentage was around 70%.  I loaded for 2 days and gained 2.6 lbs.  My total loss for Week 1 was 5.2 lbs. for a net loss of 2.6 lbs.

As you can see, my net loss with the High-Fat load was higher - but only by .2 lb.  In my opinion, not enough difference to do it again.  I think I will continue to alternate between a regular load and a high-fat load each round to see how they do.  For me, the one advantage of the high-fat load was there was no detox at all during the first few days of P2.  No headaches - which was nice!  But there are disadvantages too - lots of planning and preparation for the high-fat foods.  No going out to restaurants or eating my favorite junk food that I miss.  My family has loved load weekends in the past because of all the eating out and junk so they didn't think much of the high-fat load. :)

So I will keep crunching the numbers each round and let you know what I find. I still have at least 5 more rounds to go so I'll have lots of data by the end of this. :)

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment