Monday, August 6, 2012

Results of High-Fat Loading

I barely survived my two days of super high-fat loading - ugh! :)  Loading is never fun so the high-fat wasn't really any different in that regard.  But the weight results were very different!  Here's how it went.....

Saturday I ate 6511 calories!  Of this, 69% were fat, 17% were carbs, and 14% were protein.  My percentages were off this day.  I know why - because I went out and ate 2 pieces of regular pizza and then had ice cream.  I woke up on Sunday to a 2.4 lb. gain.  Still, not bad compared to previous loading experiences.

Sunday I ate 5185 calories, which was 80% fat, 8% carbs, and 12% protein.  So I was much happier with these percentages, and I woke up today to only a .2 lb. gain!  Wow!

So for the weekend I ate almost 12,000 calories and only gained 2.6 lbs. loading.  I am thrilled!  Previous loads I gained anywhere from 6 to 8 lbs. over 2 days.

My starting weight today for Round 3 is 209.6.  I am very happy with that and with the small gain from loading.  I am excited to start VLCD and start losing again!

I am going to try to get screenshots of myfitnesspal and post them so that you can see exactly what I ate, the calories, etc. and over the next few days I will post the remaining recipes.  Most of the recipes for what I ate can be found in last week's post entitled "High-Fat Loading - Planning My Next Round".

-K

Edited to add:  Here is a link to the post I made of my food diary for the loading days.

No comments:

Post a Comment